Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A little about me...

Friday's are my days... that means I'm a full week older! On Friday, June 20th, I'll be 16 weeks old. Mom is a little more than slightly freaked out that this means I'm almost 1/2 way "there". Where's "there"???

I'm about 4.5" long right now from crown to rump (thankfully they don't count the legs just yet, because then it'd probably be a really scary number). I've been kicking my little "hello world!" kicks every once in a while but Mom says she's just started to feel "something" a couple of days ago. She blames it on gas. Ignorance is bliss.

Most of my organs are increasing their capacity - wow, my heart is pumping about 25 quarts! That doesn't sound like much, especially knowing at 40 weeks/9 months it's pumping 200 quarts! Wow, I'm teeny!!!

Apparently my scalp patterns are appearing, though I don't have any hair yet. Why not? I'm getting bored in here... can't I use my time wisely and learn how to braid?? I hope I don't get mom's cowlicks. Who can I talk to about that?

I can hear now! Mom's been playing me Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Johnny Clegg to make me strong. I love the rhythym but sheesh, she's a little crazy about this African stuff, isn't she?? Maybe we can go someday.

No comments: