Monday, September 22, 2008

Diapers

What has my life come to? Excitement over finding 100% biodegradable, disposable diapers. That's what.

It took a couple months of searching, but I've found the perfect diaper. Now I just hope they work for our little Bean. I did a lot of research on cloth diapering and the "new and improved" cloth diapers that are flushable and compostible. Those are all great options, but I know if *I* won't want to do it, DH just wouldn't. And I wasn't too keen on scraping off diapers, putting the washer through 3 cycles of washing for 1 load of laundry (and to clean the washer afterwards), not to mention putting poopy diapers in our clothes washer..... engh.

So, at first I found a brand called 7th Generation. They're good, but they're not 100% biodegradable. We bought a couple bags of them to try them out.

Then just a couple days ago I found Nature Baby. They're only sold online, either at http://diapers.com in the US, or http://betterbabybums.com in Canada. Better Baby Bums is actually out of Burnaby.

They're 100% biodegradable!!! I bought 4 bags. 2 newborn and 2 one size up from that. My conscience can relax now, my great-great-great-great grandchildren's children won't have to deal with my kid's diapers in the landfill (did you know diapers last 1000 years???). These ones biodegrade in 6 months.

So - if you are planning on buying some "diaper supplies" for Bean? Please buy Nature Baby, or a gift certificate for the same? We won't be using pampers/huggies/etc.

Thank you!

No comments: