Monday, October 6, 2008

31 weeks... wow....

It seems like just yesterday, I was crossing everything crossable, hoping I would get to 8 weeks. Then 12. Then 20, then 30, now the magic number is 34. It's been a long road! A miscarriage never forgotten, over a year of temping and charting and scheduling and it seeming like everyone in the world was getting pregnant except me. And now it's my turn. I can't believe I'm already at 31 weeks. Almost 32!

Bean woke me up last night he kicked so hard - I was about to get mad at Trent for shaking the bed and realized it was Bean who made ME shake the bed! Oops. He's getting so big I don't feel massive kicks that often anymore, but I still feel him move all the time. He's really active during the day and sleeps at night - I realllllllly really really really really REALLY hope he keeps that schedule when he's actually here. I did put in a special request for a baby that would sleep through the night like I apparently did, so we'll see. :)

We picked up our stroller on Thursday night - I can't wait to put it together!! I went to Sears to hopefully find a carseat yesterday (red tag sale!), but no luck. I have to get one of 3 brands, so it can fit into the stroller properly (we didn't get one of those "all in one" stroller+carseats). What I did find are some of the cutest clothes (I know, I know)... I justified it saying they're on sale, and Bean doesn't yet have warm clothes for December-February. He'll need them, because I'm planning on being outside a lot! I found the cutest coming home outfit - so much for "all he needs is a onesie and a blanket!"

My doctor has me doing kick counts now - or movement counts. I have to pick a 2 hour period in the day and count how many movements I feel from Bean - and hopefully it adds up to 10 or more. If it doesn't, I'm supposed to go directly to labour & delivery. Personally? I think it's just one more thing they've thought of to make new moms go crazy. I'm very in tune with my body, and very in tune with Bean. If he doesn't make any movements when I know he should be up, then I would be concerned and get it checked out. But to actually track and chart it? Grumble.

Anyway, here is my updated progression photo. It sure seems like I got big early on, but haven't made that much of a change:

Guess I had better get to work!

No comments: