Thursday, October 9, 2008

32 weeks!

I'm officially 32 weeks, or 8 months pregnant! That's the confusing part... if you say "8 months", people think I only have 4 weeks left. But we're actually pregnant for 10 months (40 weeks), not 9 months. So, I'll try not to confuse the matter and just tell you in weeks. 32!!

I had an appointment today, and everything is fine. My blood pressure is a little elevated so that's something to watch. Bean is still stretched out sideways, he hasn't decided to go head down yet. Though as mom pointed out, would you want to hang upside down for 8 weeks? Guess not. The Doctor says they usually move around 36 weeks. I hope so, b/c I really don't want to have a c-section.

I gained 2 more pounds, which they were fine with. Yeesh - I'm not going to tell you the total amount I've gained so far because it's nasty. I know, I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to gain weight - but when I was really hoping to stay on the 15 lbs gain, it's quite shocking to be much more than that. I just don't know how it's possible. I don't eat junk, I'm not "eating for two". It's all going to my back and thighs, though, wherever it's coming from.

I'm trying to find a car seat. How horribily difficult would you think that would be? Not difficult? I would have thought so too. We found one we liked and I was going to order it, but thought I'd double check with the manufacturer of the stroller we bought (Valco Baby) to make sure. Sure enough, the carseat we want wouldn't fit. Dammit, I give up! I'm going to Bo Bebe after work today and getting the one they have there, at least I know it will work. I was trying to save some money, but ended up wasting too much time researching seats we can't even use anyway. Oh well. We'll get one eventually and Bean will be all cuddled up in it in no time :)

No comments: