Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Grandma and Grandpa

Okay, that sounds weird. The grandma and grandpa part, not the happy anniversary part. I've been calling mom and dad gramma and grampa for 9 years, because of their granddog, Bosco. But now that it's a real kid, it sounds weird.

Interesting.

Anyway, my parents have been married 44 years today. I don't know how they do it. Trent and Bean and I are taking them out for dinner tonight. MMMM Bean gets pasta! He looooooves pasta.

On the homefront, Trent and I are going to get Bean's room cleaned out this weekend, goshdarnitalltoheck. I can't look at it the way it is anymore. I'm at 23 weeks today, and it's freaking me right out that I could, if need be, deliver 9 weeks from now. 9 weeks? I'm not ready for that. Nesting overdrive...........

What I am ready for, though, is almost a full year at home with Bean. Trent's taking 6 weeks (hopefully 3 at the beginning, 3 at the end... not all 6 at once, or there's no way we'll make it to 44 years... ;)) so that will be a huge gift for him to start bonding with Bean. It must be sad/hard for new dads to have a baby one day and go to work a couple days later. Leaving new mom all alone to wonder "what now?"

Bean is growing a lot and I feel him kicking many times per day. It's funny, at 21 weeks I would feel one kick and then nothing for a couple days. At 22 weeks, it was more regular. At 23 weeks, he's keeping me up at night. I feel as though he's jumping rope with his umbilical cord. Stop it! It's not a toy! Mind you, it must be awfully boring in there. If he's anything like me, he's going to hate lying around for another few months doing nothing.....

He is around a foot long now, and weighs almost 1.5 pounds. It's bizarre to think in 3 months they pack on all that weight!

No comments: