Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nursery

The nursery is almost ready!!!! It's just missing the valance and some artwork. I got a print framed that I bought from a man in Ghana.... and a couple other things on the wall.

I'm a self-confessed type-a control freak. I've felt completely out of sorts and out of all sorts of control throughout this pregnancy. But one thing I did have control over was how the nursery would be decorated and when it would be completed. Safari animals and August 31st.

Well, all it needs now is the valance, and a chair for mom and dad's middle-of-the-night visits. Here it is so far (click on the photo if you want the humongous version):

This is as "before" as we thought to take. I wish I had taken a real "before" shot. When it was the catch-all room for everything we didn't unpack when we moved. A year ago.
It was actually quite difficult to find a safari theme with the proper animals. Most of them had zebra's, giraffe's, elephants, and tigers! Why tigers?? Why not the geographically appropriate lion? I didn't want to start out Bean's life by feeding him mis-information, so I needed the proper theme. My name is Jodene. I'm a Zoo geek.
It's a 4-stage convertible crib. It converts from crib to toddler bed to day bed to queensized headboard. No idea how to do the last one, but we'll never need it.
"Monkey" the gorilla (okay, so there's a little bit of mis-information... but there's a story as to why the great ape is named "Monkey") and all of his rainforest, savannah, domestic, and extra-terriestrial friends.

No comments: