Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy 5 months!

Little Bean is 5 months old today!

He's about 10.5 inches tall (on average... so, knowing how tall mom and dad are, he's probably a foot long ;)). He hasn't been waking me up at night, but I do feel him more often now. At least I think I do. For all I know it could be ligaments shifting. I did feel a very obvious kick while in a meeting yesterday... I actually jumped in my seat!

I've gained 12 pounds. *sighs*. I'm trying to remember that gaining weight = healthy baby. But I was on weight watchers for a long time, and gaining weight was bad, bad, bad. So I still have that mentality. At least it all seems to be in my belly, I don't *think* I look overweight anywhere else. I'm just obviously pregnant now. I like that part :)

Bean's limbs have reached their relative proportions now - so now all he needs to do is stay in there another 5 months and get big and strong. Okay, not too big. But strong!

He has teeth buds now, and finger and toe pads. He has more well defined lips. No more Lion/Human mix! Yaye! His testes are descending, but they still haven't passed the abdominal wall. He now has visible eyelashes and eyebrows! So, for all intents and purposes, Little Bean finally looks like a minature baby! Right now he weighs 1/8 of his final birth weight. Yaye - the most significant weight gain is still to come ;)

We really have to get enrolled in Lamaze and prenatal classes... mama keeps forgetting. Surprise. :)

No comments: