Monday, July 28, 2008

What I love about being pregnant....

I have to make a post regarding what I love about being pregnant, because I like to complain (even when no one is listening), and it's good to remember the nice parts too. So, this post won't have anything to do with backaches, constipation, heartburn, acne, stretch marks, moodiness, sore feet, charlie-horses, insomnia, 3am cravings, mammoth boobs that feel like they're made of sandpaper, bloating, incontinence, people thinking I'm breakable and can't carry 10 pounds of anything, weight gain, exhaustion, or sheer laziness.

Uhm. Okay, so it won't have anything to do with those things starting now...

What do I love about being pregnant, in no particular order:

(1) I've only had to use my hair removal cream once in the past 5 months. My hair just isn't growing quickly at all. Yaye!

(2) There seems to be a different social status for pregnant women. I notice it at work, at the mall, shopping for sofa's... people treat you differently as soon as they see the belly. They treat me with care, they're excited for me.

(3) SOME of the unsolicited advice from total strangers is actually really good advice.

(4) My awesomest of awesome baby bhudda bellies.

(5) I can eat pretty much whatever I want and get away with it. Case in point: I had a soft taco at 1am Saturday morning because all I could do was lay awake for over an hour, stare at the ceiling, and obsess about my soft taco. And worry that if I didn't get up and have it right then, Trent would eat it for breakfast in the morning and I'd get mad at him - because he should have read my mind and known I wanted it! ??

(6) How excited our family is.

(7) This new and challenging novel for Trent and I. I love a challenge.

(8) Waking up to Bean kicking me. It seems like it took forever to feel it, but now I feel it every day.

(9) Great parking at the mall.

(10) No periods, no tampons, no debilitating PMS cramps. YEAH baby.

(11) That I'm going to be a MOM!

(12) Trent rubbing my belly or resting his hand on my belly when we're watching TV. I love that.

(13) Comfy clothes that accentuate my baby belly, and I don't have to worry about sucking anything in.

(14) I now have a real reason to buy baby things. Books, toys, clothes... Trent is *so* going to have to put me on a budget... I go crazy when my friends have babies, I think it'll be even worse now.

(15) I have a valid excuse to "take it easy" and "nap". Even though I don't do either, I could if I wanted to!

(16) I can be moody and get away with it.

(17) People seem to be genuinely afraid of a mad pregnant woman. *coughLeonscough*

No comments: