Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How do I slow down the world?

That's what mom's been asking a lot lately. She can't believe she's almost 18 weeks pregnant. 4.5 months already? No way!!

I think she's starting to realize I'm here to stay... I've heard her talking to me more, and I can hear the music she plays me every day. She always rubs her belly when she plays it - she calls it African. She sure loves that music! She says she can't wait for one day when I'm old enough, to introduce me to one of her first loves, and take me to Africa. For now we'll have to be content with Baby Einstein Wildlife DVDs and the Calgary Zoo. I think we'll be spending A LOT of time at the Zoo.....

So, according to "those in the know", I weigh approximately 7 ounces and am about 6 inches long. That's for regular length babies, and knowing how tall my mom and dad are, I thinkin' I'm already longer than 6 inches.

Currently I look like a teeny little baby slathered in grease. YUM. Apparently it's necessary to keep my very thin skin from bruising while I bounce around inside of mom.

How's this for a fact to blow your mind: If I'm a girl, last week I produced millions of primordial egg cells. At 18 weeks, I already have a uterus and vaginal canal, and start producing real eggs. How's THAT for growing up before daddy's ready?!?!?!

By the way, only 5 days until we find out the angle of my dangle! Mom says she'll post the pictures here as soon as she can and you can all guess for yourselves :)

As for mom, she's noticed it's getting a lot harder to breathe. Which, for an asthmatic, isn't so grand. But her lungs are bigger than normal healthy lungs, and I'm already pushing on them, so.... sorry! Gotta make room! She's also saying goodbye to her belly-button. Mom's been lightheaded and had a few nose-bleeds but I guess that's to be expected. She has to produce more blood than ever now. She's still exhausted and.. uhm.. moody. Let's just call it moody. But she's nice to me so that's all I really care about.

No comments: